2019 will be the year of Brexit.
On 31 December 2018 I reluctantly celebrated the changing of the calendar, knowing that this was what lay ahead in 2019 and that none of us really know what this means yet. I have absolutely no idea how much Brexit will affect me and the people I love. This scares me a little.
In past years I have written a reflection but this January, rather than look back over the best of 2018, to keep my spirits up, I thought I would mention just a few of the things I am looking forward to in 2019.
- Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame
- Stranger Things season 3
- Reading The Haunting of Hill House – loved the series on Netflix! If you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend it
- Hopefully attending this conference on The Lived Female Body in Performance
- Finally reading Mary Beard’s Women & Power
- Finally completing The Artist’s Way
- Creating some performance work
- Going on holiday in May to a cottage in North Wales
- Seeing Sofie Hagen in Leeds in June and buying her book Happy Fat
- Seeing Tim Minchin in Sheffield in November
- Expanding my cooking repertoire
- Hanging out with great people
- Attending as many workshops as possible – to keep learning and growing
- Did I mention Avengers: Endgame?
2019 may not be good, but it won’t all be bad. What are you looking forward to?